Limited time offer! Receive 1 free bag of kindling ($13 value) for orders of pine, pinon/pine or mixed conifers (1/2 cord or 1 cord only). Offer expires 10/12/14
A hundred years of dedicated fire fighting and fire prevention has prevented low-intensity fires from occurring that would have happened naturally. Nature has a perfect balance, and human intervention has caused disruption. The result of preventing this low intensity fires is an overgrowth of thick forest and an accumulation of ground fuels that can make future fires especially devastating.
Santa Fe Ecowood utilizes these ground fuels and dead/fallen trees for processing into firewood, either directly, or through Forest Restoration Projects, but much more work is needed. Our watersheds can become damaged by run off from forest fires, most recently resulting in the Rio Grande drinking water system to be shut down until the water polluted with ash had cleared.
Piñon firewood special! Receive one large 50-gallon bag of kindling with each piñon firewood purchase. Valid through 2/1/14. Call 505-455-9348 to place your order.
Purple Heart Cedar & Red Cedar Firewood
If you're familiar with Cedar firewood, you will likely already be aware of the unique, pleasant aroma associated with this wood. Now envision warming your home and enjoying this lovely aroma at the same time. What a delight! Many of our customers like to mix Piñon and Cedar wood together for an luxurious and fragrant firewood mix.
1. Cedar is very aromatic and has a distinctive scent.
2. Cedar has a beatiful purple or red heart at the center of the wood, depending on whether the species is Purple Heart Cedar or Red Cedar (we carry both!).
3. Cedar catches fire easily due to the high concentration of cedar oil, and burns cleanly compared to other common woods such as pine, making is a good choice for starting fires.
4. Cedar firewood heats quickly and burns hot.
5. Cedar is also famous for its snap, crackle and pop nature. If you use it in a fireplace make sure you have a protective screen or glass doors.
6. The unique, pleasant aroma of cedar comes from the oil found in the center of the tree. The oil is only found in older, more mature trees.
7. Cedar is a repellant to moths and other insects which is why closets are lined with cedar. Cedar balls or blocks can also be placed inside dresser drawers to help prevent insect damage to clothing.
8. Cedar has been processed throughout history as a valuable resource and has been used in shipbuilding, shingles, bowls and canoes.
Santa Fe EcoWood
Your one-stop-shop for premium eco-friendly firewood, chiminea wood, kindling and firestarter